If you are a veteran or a veteran’s spouse, you may be eligible for help from the Veteran’s Relief Fund! The fund can provide up to $450 toward utilities, rent or funeral expenses (such as burial or cremation).
To qualify, you’re going to need to fill out an application (available here) and provide all the following documentation:
- DD214 (honorable discharges only)
- Washington State Driver’s License or Picture ID
- Proof of Washington residence for one year
- Spouse’s ID or Marriage Certificate
- Birth certificate for all dependents
- Proof of income (check stub or bank statement) OR Lack of income (if you have no income you will need to prove it, example: income tax return/bank statement).
- FOR UTILITIES – please provide the original bill.
- FOR RENT – must have a W-9 (provided by the County upon request) and a copy of the rental agreement, signed by the landlord. A relative of the veteran does not count.
- FOR FUNERAL SERVICES – please provide the original bill.
To be income eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- 1 person household – less than $1,980/month or $23,760/year
- 2 person household – less than $2,670/month or $32,040/year
- 3 person household – less than $3,360/month or $40,320/year
- 4 person household – less than $4,050/month or $48,600/year
- 5 person household – less than $4,740/month or $56,880/year.
Please call the Veteran’s Benefits Specialist at (360) 740-1417 to schedule an appointment for your application. All decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.