Housing Resource Center of Lewis County provides standardized access, assessment and referral processing for housing and other services in the Lewis County community. Their case management programs can help you achieve your goals and end the cycle of homelessness.
Some of their programs include:
- Ending Family Homelessness provides temporary rental assistance to homeless clients that are receiving TANF from the state. To qualify for EFH, you must be actively seeking employment.
- Emergency Shelter is available for single men, women and families.
- HEN Services are available to temporarily medically needy clients. If you qualify, you may receive rental assistance, utility assistance, and assistance with essential needs such as bus passes, laundry vouchers, hygiene products and cleaning supplies.
- Homeless Prevention services provide rental and utility assistance to people who would otherwise lose their housing.
- Homeless Set Aside Units work with apartment complexes that have units set aside for homeless community members.
- Single Resident Only (SRO) apartments offer smaller, more affordable housing for one person. These units have shared community areas, sucha sk itchens and bathrooms. These units offer transitional housing for single adults.
- SOAR program provides assistance with Social Security Insurance and Social Security Disability claims.
- Rapid Re-Housing programs provide rental subsidies for up to two years for families who are experiencing homelessness. You will need to work closely with a case manager to receive these services.
Anyone in Lewis County who is experiencing homelessness is invited to contact HRC of Lewis County for more information.